Monday, August 5, 2013

BIG robots

My big BABY <3

I admit it; I'm a sucker for big robots.
It starter when I was very little, couldn't even read yet, but I knew when the best robot shows were on TV. I watched Transformers (I wanted to marry Optimus Prime when I grow up), Japanese Robotech (I made a fully moving and self-standing model with my dad and I loved that robot like it was my own baby) and then there was always Tankpolice, Appelseed and Ghost in the shell… Oh, I can't even START to reveal the mysteries and magic that this world of huge robots gave me (and still does)! You have to have lived it and love it like I do to fully understand me!
www.comicvine.com

Last night we went to the cinema and watched Pasific Rim!!! OOOOOOHOHHOHOOO-LA-LAA!!!!! :D 
<3 <3 <3
I Loved it! I know the robots didn't have souls in it but the idea of twin pilots was amazing! …massive metal crap flying around… tight, rainy alleys… all the old, rusty doors… clean, shiny suits and computers… crazy, stormy seas… big, bad, evil monsters… all the clichés. Oh GOD! :D I love that world. I tried to get back to it last night in my dreams, but I kept looping in some kind of erotic boutique dream with burlesque corsets, cross dressing men and red boxes of milk chocolate. ÄSH! Damn dreams.
Next night I'll get there. I'll fire up my old favorite Japanese robot that I remember using in my dreams as a child, run around the planet and hunt down aliens, fly in space and play with the planet's force of gravity… mmmh, when's the last time YOU skimmed the surface of the ozone layer with the blue flamed thrusters of your biocompatible robot armor?
UUU! Who knows, maybe I'll see Gojira next night too! :D
If you can only watch ONE Gojira movie watch the one that was made in 1954!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_(1954_film)
I'm so sad that I only had it on VHS. I'll have to rent it if I want to see it again. AND I DO! :D
http://filmnomenon2.blogspot.fi/2013/03/gojira-1954.html


No comments:

Post a Comment