Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mika Nyyssölä in orange Hammer pants!

YES! Another Mika Nyyssölä dream that even had a sequel the same night!
www.mikanyyssola.fi
I was at a gym party. The dream must have appeared because I missed my old coaches "block party" when his gym moved (about 20m) this winter. They had a full week of great stuff but I was always at work place 1 or 2... :(


The party was mostly just "hanging around at the gym". Some of the big guys did their work outs and most of the ladies were modeling for pictures. I had made different smoothies into little pink shakers (gifts for the new and old customers) and was tasting them... I really liked the one where I had used mixed red berries and vanilla protein <3

Heidi Sorsa was there too. She was organizing the whole photo shoot part of the day. Most of the girls were bikini models but I saw some bodybuilder ladies at the back getting oiled up for group pictures :)

Heidi Sorsa www.fastnews.fi
And... I saw Mika :) way in the back of the gym talking to some HUGE lifters about the essence of "making the weights lighter with your mind"... some crazy zen stuff. (I should ask Mika where he gets this stuff?)

I said "Hi" :)
Mika: Well, hi Miia. You're back :)
Me: Yeah, I heard about this party and Samuli told me I should come and check it out.
Mika: Yeah, great place his has. You know I'm starting up my own gym at a new place too.
Me: Really? Where? Is it open yet?
Mika: It's right by the docks. Easy to find and plenty of parking. It's not open yet. I just need to finish the locker rooms and buy more coffee and it's all done. We're opening next week. 

(I think he meant the south docks right by Helsinki city center.)

Me: Wau. I have to come and train there some day! (I kept imagining this big old dry dock with a lot of space and RAW metal... Lifting areas, free weights, rubber mats, mirrors, crazy Mika-music, all sorts of different equipment, aaahhh...)
Mika: You're welcome! Actually if you're in the neighborhood you can stop by any day.
Me: I will :)
Mika: 'Congrats on the baby :)
Me: What?
Mika: You ARE pregnant aren't you?
I looked down. I was.
Me: Oh! I forgot :) yes, thank you! <3 We'll meet the newcomer by July :) 

(In real life I DO forget about the baby every day... funny. I guess when it grows more I won't forget anymore.)

*** 
The dream jumped to another place for a while. I went driving around town in my Camaro. It was gray now, slick tires and totally different... the driver's seat was normal but I used the same technology as they have in Star Trek to drive that thing. 

www.startrek.com
***
I found my way to Mika's gym. He was right, it was really easy to find. 
It was summer so they kept the big doors open and let the sun light in. The sent of the sea air made it perfect :)
Here and there were people fixing up things, setting weights to their places and checking that the mirrors were clean and straight. Mika wanted everything to be perfect on the opening day.  

Mika: Hey, you made it! 
(He was wearing orange Hammer pants and a black tank top. Every now and then he put his hands in his big pockets and waved the pants around while he made little warm up jumps. Hihii. He was so happy about his gym!)
Me: Yeah, this was really easy to find :) Wow, you're really starting your own gym :) This is amazing... it's so, so, BIG!
Mika: Yes. It's a gym for everyone. BUT... My employees WILL interact with the customers if they see that the lifting technique is dangerously stupid. We even have a free WiFi so people can link up to my gymlog bank and find their work out of the day in there if they want. 
Me: Mmm, that's good. A lot of BIG weight are lifted all over the place. You need a big crew to keep thing nice and clean. You can't have bodies lying around :D
Mika: Haha, no... no bodies. Just tired people with happy faces ;)
Me: OH! You have your own cafe here too!!!
Mika: Yes, we have everything. Even saunas.
... we kept talking about the gym and all its stuff and how he managed the money. He seemed so happy. It was the biggest thing in his life right now :)

I didn't stay long but we had a cup of coffee and went out side to talk in the sun light for a while. Oh boy, do I love having these talks with interesting people <3 

(And I especially love the thing that I can remember them like it was real! ... the zombie dreams aren't fun to remember but these GOOD dreams make up for the horrors.)   

www.pakkotoisto.com


No comments:

Post a Comment