Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sky trains and cafes

Lots of trains last night… They all ran on time and I didn't get run over and I didn't lose my tickets either… good J
I hung around Ruoholahti. It's in the southern parts of Helsinki by the sea. There are no sky trains there for real but I keep seeing them in my dreams. I've never been on a real sky train (if you don't count rollercoasters) I've only seen them on TV or movies. I like them. I like the idea of tracks running -high- through a big city and cars metros and other things all existing on different layers. Aaah, everything is in its own place. So organized… J
Most of the buildings are just huge (really high), gray blocks with small cafes on the ground floor. (In real life they are mostly glass and metal and full on hairdressers, cafes, offices and dull firms). Large ventilation tubes and some sort of gas tubes zigzag along the surface of the buildings. They look like thick veins that move air and gas in and out the building while bulky air vents on the top of the building suck in fresh air and filter it to its users… There is always a very lively network of streets and small parks under the bridges. Road crossings for pedestrians are marked with red signs and red paint on the ground. Why red? I don't know. I guess I just like the color. I've never seen any real accidents in my dreams involving pedestrians crossing streets.     
I use both escalators and stairs in my dreams. Sometimes the dream loops with the escalator so that I go on it again and again, I see new people and new signs and stand differently every time. Sometimes the dream just takes me to a new train or an airport but last night -like I said- I hung around town.
The stores I go to always start with the candy shelves. The scent of toffee and licorice makes me crazy and I pick out bags of that stuff. Then I usually head for the bread section and dive in to all that white pleasure… aaah, bread... fresh bread. I took a huge loaf of wheat bread covered in flour and grabbed a whole grilled chicken (dripping with oil and seasonings) with herbs stuffed up its ass and a good, dry sparkling wine. Oh baby, I'm gonna be happy!
I never got to the cash register.
I found myself outside the store again. They had just closed. I walked over to some of the cafes and looked at the ready meals: Grilled pork, reindeer, ox and chicken, fresh salads, different paellas and deep fried seafood… potatoes in at least ten different ways; grilled, steamed, mashed, fried… aaah. I ordered some meat with veggies and a Mediterranean salad on the side. I also had a huge strawberry smoothie and a slice of pineapple with some ice cream and pungent sauce. Uuh. I took all of it to a small, round, orange table and looked at it.
I never got to eat any of it.
Stupid dreams.

Today I have to take a rest day. Just poses and stretching.
I think I'll go to the track and do my stretches outside. I have maybe a month or two left 'till the weather turns to crap around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment