Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Aliens and white horses

HIIT jumped up to 4 times a week now. Good for me. That only leaves 3 mornings when I'll have a hard time waking up. My PT said that it's OK to wake up on "an empty morning" a bit earlier and do some stretches or yoga or whatever… I'm sure it will be easier to make it through these last weeks if I don't sleep late and make my mornings into "dude, where's my car, coffee, clothes, bra, hairclip, life…"
In case you were wondering I train at my coach's gym in Lahti www.kuntokeskuskm.fi and at work. The gym we have at work is really big and mostly empty so it's easy to move around and do giant sets. They also have a mirror wall so I can train my walks and poses. Most of the other trainers are used to seeing me after my work out prancing around in high heels and smiling like I just saw my Honey Babe walk in through the door. Lahti is several times better but it takes an hour to drive there. In the summer and around the summer months it's a nice change to drive to Lahti but in the winter when the temperature drops to -24C … brrr… It's horrible to wake up my poor little car outside the gym and Pray that he's still alive enough to get me home. It's not JUST the cold but the DARKNESS too. It's just not my thing. I like darkness when it's warm. I don't like cold things touching me… winter's a bitch.
Working out alone isn't something I would call progressive. Even if I do have a lot of free space and weights it's still a hell of a lot effective to have at least SOME ONE there to be your "safety boy" or just to keep the feeling of "competion".
Last night I went to a dark, windy planet. It had two moons, huge gas moons. One a bit yellow and the other was pure white. As I was looking at the sky whispers of warm swirly winds touched my cheek. It felt like someone stroked my cheek with the softest gloves I've ever felt and I turned to see if anyone was behind me. Huge statues of black rock and melted metal stood all around me. It was like a forest of 3-5m statues. Once dynamic but petrified at some point for whatever reason… I tried to remember who I was with. I was sure I came with a crew of some sort. Marines maybe? No. Soldiers… I'm sure. But where are they? I looked up at the moons again and saw it. I had seen that silhouette a hundred times before. Sometimes in the streets of Helsinki, other times in office buildings and dark elevators. One even on a large space freighter that I was helping to maintain (by huge I mean it was the size of Central park). Alien.
Its long head arched beautifully against the sky and formed almost a picture perfect still-life with the moons behind it. Its back was turned to me so I couldn't know if he knew I was there or not. A part of me admired the moment. I didn't recognize him (I had a pet alien at one point). He looked small and lonely. Then he turned his head. No eyes, but I knew he saw me. Slowly the mouth opened and I saw the teeth. I could see his head a lot better now. He had a "royal" head. He wasn't one of the drones that I was used to seeing. The moon light shimmered on the bumps and horns of his head and he started to move towards me. I didn't move. I just stood there like an idiot. I could just stop the dream but I wanted to see…
The earth shook. The metal in the statues held but the black rock cracked and exploded under the pressure. Soldiers started running to me from all directions; they were yelling orders to each other and forming a shield around me. The alien attacked one of them. He just pulled the soldier from the ring and held on to him. "Looked" at him and hugged him so that he couldn't move. No shots were fired. We just looked. The soldier fell asleep. I woke up. I felt odd. I wanted to be the one that got held by the alien.
I did my best to get back in to that same dream but the planet had changed. I was back on earth. Well back on OUR moon. I saw a pair of horse's hoofs. They kicked the light dust of the moon's surface and I looked up. Two white horses on the moon. They didn't have any oxygen tanks or masks. Only these two, slimy, pulsating, orange parasites on their necks. About the size of my palm. I looked past the horses and saw a space station. It looked a bit like moon base Alfa (TV series in the 70's). One of the horses was feeling faint so he leaned against a hill. The other one fainted and fell on his side. A very light thump was almost audible. They were still alive and the parasites kept pulsating. I felt sick and stopped the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment