Wednesday, January 14, 2015

You're so dead

Ways to get over the pain of progress...

Yes. It has to hurt. You either feel the burn and make gains or you play it "safe" and stay the same.


Think back.

When is the last time you grabbed a set of weights at the gym, dragged them to you spot Knowing that you've never lifted anything like that before and by the second rep you know you've been living a lie all this time ;)

Don't be afraid to go further, to lift harder or to run faster... Don't tell yourself that "you might get hurt or you might feel it (too much) tomorrow or you'll look stupid if you can't get even that one rep".

Believe me: nobody gives a shit! And if they DO come up to you and start a conversation about your workout then tell them to be your spotter in the next set. :)

I laughed out loud at the gym today.

I was down to my last set for the night... I wanted to make it the hardest one yet. I wanted to show my chest that the last set will not end until I can't lift the air on my skin. 

That's when it hit me. The Feeling. It's so much more than just the pump in my muscles or a hormonal rush behind my eyes.  

It's more like the moment when you realise that you've Won. The silly "hö" pops out of you smiling mouth and you Know you are the last one standing in the middle of the stage.

The game is over. You've won.

The words "this is what I live for" whisper in your mind and you walk to the weights and give them Hell! ;)

I didn't hear the "maybe it's too heavy" or "maybe I should try less" or "maybe this is not for me". I Didn't hear them and I felt like I had finally won! 

This IS That day! The day when I stopped giving a fxck about the voices that used to pull me down.

That Feeling :)

It's in me now. It's a part of me. A code. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment