Sunday, October 13, 2013

Zombie robots and a new planet

I got to go to a new planet last night. I think it was a planet. I guess it could have been a large moon...
Again I have no idea where it was... just that it was far away from here. Which is a good thing 'cause it wasn't the best of trips...

The space shuttle we used crashed and all the radios were broken and smoking when we climbed out of the wreckage. A single, yellow sun owned the clear sky and the sandy desert was hard and dry. A gust of wind blew my hair in my face and I felt a shiver on my back like I've never felt before... Colossal buildings of metal and glass glimmered in the distance. They were maybe 2-3 km away. We started walking to them. I was in a group of 4-6 people (it's hard to tell, some of them kept going out of phase or then they were just holograms). Some of us talked about the planet. It was a planet full of work robots. No humans were needed but some kept coming here to work in peace and quiet.

The buildings were part of a factory. Somekind of a terraforming thing... They were at least 300 meters high, mostly round... cylindrical in shape :) They stood out of the desert surface like huge mushrooms that had lost their hats.
When we got closer and could see doors, broken windows and other exits in the buildings, we heard a scream from where we had left the shuttle and most of our things (we were hoping to find a car to get our stuff later). Did we forget something? Did we leave someone behind?

A man in our group had binoculars and he saw that the shuttle was being attacked by thin, zombie-like robots. Pale, small eyed, metal ripping, circuit board eating robots. We didn't know if they were a threat to us so we started running for the buildings. A group of robots saw us and started coming after us. Oh boy, were they FAST! In seconds they were close enough for me to see their small cameras in their little eye holes. We kept running, some fell and were taken by the robots. They ripped their clothes and searched for anything metallic or electrical. I had my phone on me so I ran like the wind. No way am I going to let them eat all my cool pictures and messages that I had in it!!! I threw my watch at one of them that almost caught me just before I practically flew in side one of the buildings and hit the "close" button on my way in.

I was safe. I didn't know about the others. The door was sound proof.
I got up and kept going. Anyone or anything could open that door at any moment.

I needed a weapon.
I looked around as I walked through the labs and offices in the building. I came to a cafe and found the kitchen. Knives, axes, meat hooks... all gone. All I found was a box of bamboo chopsticks! :(

Finally, in a large corner office I found a baseball bat! Aluminium with a gold core. Weird but handy if I need to make my way back out side.

***

I never saw anyone else again (humans or robots). I just hung around the buildings. I found rope bridges connecting the buildings so I didn't have to go outside or walk in the desert.

I hope that was the last of that weird planet.
I don't feel a need to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment