Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kissing androids

He's back! Sir Patrick Stewart :) and he brought a friend: Mr. Brent Spiner 

Patrick told me to use his first name so I will. 

In my dream we (Patrick and I) played around with mirrors and sunglasses. For some reason we both thought that it was hilarious how we looked in our reflections. We laughed so hard it woke me up a bit. Quickly I sank back into my dream and we were on a spaceship somewhere far away, orbiting a huge gas planet. It was a mining planet even though it was mostly dense gas. 

We had a mission! (Yes! On a mission with Captain Picard! I love this dream! <3) 

An unmanned shuttle had been robbed that was carrying "whatever dense gas they mined". We were shown a video recording of the robbery in a room that overlooked the planet. The view was amazing. Swirly gas clouds slowly, slowly moving beneath us. It was a beautiful amber planet with three, small ice moons.
Apparently the shuttle always takes the same route and travels the same time every day. It doesn't have any other functions but to carry its load up to the mother ship and return back down to be filled. 

We were amazed of the two robbers who had taken a single SMALL shuttle from earth to this far off planet (it must have taken them months to get here?). The video showed that they climb out of their little white shuttle and maneuver it from the outside to catch up to the "gas shuttle". They roped their prey with their oxygen lines and boarded the shuttle. It's much bigger than their shuttle because it has a capability to carry crew as well as serve as a living/working area for miners. 
It doesn't take long for them to override the "gas shuttle's" computer and set a new course.
We were told that the "gas shuttles" always stop if they come into trouble. They are programmed to stop so that they do not run into the mother ship if they malfunction. I guess the gas they carry is quite dangerous in empty space.

I looked at Picard. He was in his thoughts for a moment. Then he raised his head and said:
"Mr. Data. What do you think of this?"

<3<3<3 Here's where I sank to my knees! DATA! In my dream! <3<3<3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DataTNG.jpg


Data was sitting on the other side of the room. He rested his elbows on his knees like a rundown human. 
Data: "Sir, I believe that we are witnessing something more than just a robbery on this video. I believe that this is a hoax."
Picard: "What do you mean?"
Data: "Sir, I believe that the two robbers seen on this video are actually still here, orbiting around this planet. I also believe that this was not a robbery at all, but a way to play our interests away from the real issue at hand: The financial crisis of this mining station."         

Picard and Data talked more but I can't remember it all... Most of the time I just stared at Data when he spoke. I listened to the words that he chose to communicate as simply, but as accurately as possible. He never used his hands or body to make a point. Oh, how I love listening to people who talk like that. <3

Picard seemed happy with the analysis that Data gave about the robbery and investigations were spread outside the shuttle incident. Data had been right. The shuttle was found on the other side of the planet, inside one of the large storms. The two men were not charged with anything for they thought they were taking part in a safety rehearsal. 

A while later I saw Mr. Data in that same observation room. He was sitting in that same chair, looking out at the planet, a bit crouched over, so much like a tired human… I've never seen him like this? Was he ok? Was he malfunctioning in some way? Maybe I could help him run a self-diagnostic? 

Me: "Sir?... Mr. Data?"
Data: "Yes, Miia."
Me: "Oh… I… I just wanted to say how much I admire how you solved this whole mess." I started to walk over to him… very slowly. I guess I was afraid that the dream would end before I get to him so I made everything slow down.
Data: "I simply looked at the facts and made my conclusions based on them. There was always the possibility that I could have been wrong." He smiled at me.
Me: "I wish I could be as smart as you."
Data: "I am a machine. You can never be like me." 
Me: "Yes, you're right." … "Um, may I touch you?"
Data stood up and held out his hand.
Me: "No, I meant. Can I touch your face?"
He sat back down and didn't move. I walked over and bent down to his face to look into his eyes from 15cm… 10cm…
Data: "This is closer then I've been to a female human in many years." 
Me: "I'm sorry, but I have to do this." I sniffed his skin and felt his cheek with the back of my hand. He felt so real! I was close enough to kiss him, just to know how it feels to kiss an android… but I didn't. There was no need to know everything. I went really close to his cheek with my face and just when the soft hairs of my cheek touched his skin I woke up.

Oh, boy. 
What a wet dream for a Trekkie like me! :P
<3<3<3 

just so you know what in space is going on:



No comments:

Post a Comment