Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It's just art

A long and shallow dream kept me occupied last night. I was at a castle (some kind of Belgian queen used to live there). Others were there too, tourists and guests. We all looked at art, touched the statues and stared at paintings to "see beyond them". Every now and then someone was able to see IN to the painting. Me too: You start by looking at it softly. You follow the lines of the painting and let the movements of your eyes rock you to a gentle murmur (I think that's a word). Once you've connected with the painting you start to burrow in to it. You slightly need to flex your back muscles and stand with both feet on the ground. Sometimes it helps to make fists with your hands... You will notice the topography of the painting changing. The flatness turns to life by moving like a mesh. The picture thickens but becomes more elusive. Specks of light will appear behind the front picture. Concentrate on them!! You'll feel the ground disappear under your feet. Don't worry. You're just in a trance. The picture behind the fluctuating picture in the front will become clearer the more you give in to it. Let go. Give in. You're safe. It's just art. I didn't really talk to anyone last night. Mostly I just kept to myself and enjoyed the art in its new form of depth… Yes. The dream was shallow but only because there was another dream on another "channel" in my head. It happens sometimes. I switch from one to the other... Both dreams were happening in the same city and on the same night so I didn't really care about the plots... The other dream was about a Spa. A crappy spa. I went in for a foot massage and got oil slapped on my face and told to go wee in the bathroom sink. WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment