Monday, November 30, 2015

Becoming a Pro

I spent last night hanging out with Nicole Wilkins. She's a Professional athlete and a person I look up to when it comes down to keeping things simple and clear... I follow her on Facebook and once a week I check out her tips on living the fit life on http://www.fitnessrxwomen.com/training/the-fit-life-with-nicole-wilkins/ 

We talked about becoming a Pro.

(Before I went to bed I watched a Japanese documentary about an old couple in Japan who had their own supermarket and they were nearly 80 years old and Still kept up the good work... struggles and all they kept making their dream live on...
They said: ..."I guess to be a professional you have to... you have to make every customer happy... yes. That is it. What else could there be? Make everyone happy... :) " )

Nicole had on light brown gym clothes. Something I've never seen on any one... she looked quite dull and boring :D Nothing had a bling-bling on it or even writing...

She told me that being a Pro is not about the money you make, it's not about the travelling, it's never about the sponsors and it sure ain't in the clothing you ware. We had a long discussion about the meaning behind the word "professional". She showed me Youtube videos and newspaper articles of other people who made a living just like or even better than a (fitness) Pro but -and I quote- "didn't have no freaking pro cards on 'em".

We did a short leg workout before I had to go and look for the best meatball restaurant on the Chinese section of Budapest (I woke up hungry).
Apparently I SHOULD try box jumps 'cause even Nicole has me doing them now. Not just Dana :D
It's a shame my gym doesn't have any boxes to jump on.

Nordic Pro 2014, Lahti

No comments:

Post a Comment