Thursday, June 25, 2015

Mines, a religious group and my sorry a$$

I finally got that flight booked, the long flight to the USA :)
I had a pit stop in Iceland and I found out that my fight had been cancelled but everyone was getting on a big cruise ship and we would eventually arrive a couple days late.
Wow! A cruise!
I was so lucky!

I walked behind everyone else to our ship. They had a lot of luggage. On the way I noticed a military ship that people were using as a "bridge" to get to another ship that was going back to South Africa.
Me:"Why is that military ship blocking that other ship? Don't you guys have any other places for them over here in Iceland?"
Some random soldier:"It works as a Customs office. Move on,"
Me:"Wait, I'm not going to SA, I'm going to the States."
He pushed me through his ship and slammed me to the ship's (SA) floor.
Me:"I said I have tickets to go to the US!"
The guy:"We'll see if you're going anywhere with that attitude, I'll get my CO.Wait here."

I didn't wait. I sneaked back on the military ship and looked for an open window so I could jump out without anyone noticing, but then......
"FXCK!"
Too late. The ship was already moving and we were no longer attached to the pier.
"shiiiiiit"

I was stuck on that GD military ship with the CO of that idiot of a  soldier looking at my clothes that were not (and I quote) "not issued by the official firm".
"Get ready to dive, dive, dive...!"
Once I heard that I shouted "WTF is going on here?"
CO: "Calm down, unwanted lady. We're here to mine the seas with 15 mines. We're here to do our job. So shut up and learn,"

They dove the ship to 50m and started leaving big, round sea mines to the a mathematical pattern just outside Iceland's borders. I didn't understand WHY they would bother. Who was the enemy? But they did look beautiful, floating out there, all round and spiky... dark balls of hell. Just waiting.

***

It took a while but I got to use my charms... I had the upper hand on things and I found a way out through the kitchen. I was stuck at a religious center and the keepers "of the heard" were fxcking nuts! I heard 'em talking about putting us through a systematic "school for the unwilling". It sounded so bad that I ran.
I found an abandoned elevator shaft but there were two guys sitting there talking. At this point I wasn't even surprised to see them... Bruce and Bruce, Well to be specific it was Bruce Oreck and Bruce Willis chatting along about the right way to shoot the bad guys. I heard a voice inside me say "don't trust the other Bruce, he's an actor."

***

I did A LOT of squats last Wednesday. I still felt it on Friday. I FELT it in every move... I need to eat more.

My squatting had a lot of one legged Bulgarian squats in it but with normal weights 25-45kg x10. I did maybe 6-7 sets. I also did a lot of other basic stuff... It took maybe 2 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment