Sunday, March 15, 2015

Something Rob said

...I should share this with you.

As we walked through the crowds of people I grabbed his left arm so I wouldn't lose him. His bicep and forearm nearly pinched my pinky off... Luckily I was faster ;)

I felt like I was following a giant in many ways. He is a Strong man and a true hero (to me), he has his own World of Dreams and Realities and he can make just about anything happen, his ways may be rough like his words but he pulls through even in the toughest neighbourhood. He is a man I would love to keep close to me. He is an inspiration and an idol.

Rob talked quietly to me as we pushed through the crowd (I could have never gotten through on my own.) and as we walked and people were being Crazy Loud around us, step by step his voice started to be the only thing I heard.

He told me (something like) this:
"When you get on that stage on that last day it doesn't matter if you're the biggest MF up there. It doesn't matter 'cause people can't see what it took to get you up there. It doesn't even matter if you win.

What matters is that you've made that journey. It matters that You remember that journey and all that has happened. It's all about you up there. NEVER make it about the others or Just about That day. Days come and go. They are all the same outside your history. No-one will ever SEE inside you, no-one will ever BE inside you. No-one will Ever be You.

You are the One person living your dreams. So let it show... up there on the stage, let them see YOU. The real, genuine, self made, King of your world, You..."

I hugged him.

We talked more about some private stuff... he helped me a lot. My mind is much clearer now. He's a risk taker too. He knows how it is.

Sometimes I forget that these are just dreams.
Sometimes I don't care that these are just dreams.

I know and love Real people like Dream-Rob. I talk with them and we share thoughts and dreams.  If you know me you might think of me as a quiet person who has a dark sense of humour... the reality is that I think a lot. I Listen and I feel what the other person is saying.  I am sharing THAT SPECIFIC moment with that person and we can never get it back. That's why I sometimes seem to just fade out... when actually I'm trying to get inside You ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment