Friday, November 14, 2014

Don't try this in real life

It wasn't my idea. For some reason I got pulled into a stunt involving a jetski, a power boat, a huge ramp in the river Mississippi and something resembling a death wish...

Here's a drawing of the ramp and what the stunt was about:


The ramp is 10m high and it has a 50cm vertical bit on the top. The idea was that the power boat pulled us (at the same time) over the ramp and it would be a some kind of a world record (The Longest airtime with one woman and one dude -on a jetski- over the river Mississippi). The ramp should throw us higher and longer but as I found out all it did was that the jetski made it -just and just- but my rope snapped at the highest point and I got slammed into the water back first. 

I remember the horror of being pulled like a limp doll over the ramp and seeing that last bit of ramp closing in... I remember wondering if it would hurt much to break both my legs and probably end up dead in the water, or be eaten by crocs... I remember the guy on the jetski said that he didn't want me up the flying by his side. Who the hell was this guy? I never want to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment