Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What IS a Name?

What are you called? WHY did YOU get those names? Who do you feel like? Do you LOVE your name? IS it YOU? I name things. I call my phone Sammy (it's a Samsung), I call my car Baby and my sowing machine is often called "the thresher". The vacuum is "the sucker" and my favorite tea cup is "Oi!" I was named in a fairly Viking way… first name is short and not too usual (not usual at Tampere in the 70's). It is good when I'm lost in a crowd and I need to find my way back through. Just a quick yell and I usually hear which way I should go. The again there are some words in the Finnish language that can mix me up… NIIN ( = "so, such, and, that, then, as, such…") is one of those words. It can almost sound like a "mIIa" when it's mixed into other sounds or echoes. My second name has to do with fire. The goddess of fire (Celtic): Piritta (comes from Brigit). She is the protector of culture and education. She is also the inspiring fire of poetry. In the heart she is the fire of healing and fertility… when she burns as the fire for blacksmiths she also burns for self-defense <3 The last name is something that I do not feel tied to. I wish to be married someday… that will not change just my last name but also my whole life <3

No comments:

Post a Comment