Friday, January 17, 2014

The squirrel with a bad manicure

Two nights a go a squirrel (about the size of a big Lemur cat animal thing…) walked over to me. He had a beautiful coat of fur, long eye lashes (always with those eye lashes) and a fluffy tail that he waved around as he walked up right like a human.

Squirrel: "I just had the worst manicure ever! I can't climb with these nails!?" He showed me his front paws and yes, all cut short they were…

Me: "Oh. But you don't have to run around in the trees. You're big enough to walk with me to the party." (I guess I was going to a party)

The squirrel still jumped at a tree and tried to climb. He grabbed the tree all wrong. He looked more like a helpless cat than a "flat squirrel." He had the wrong techniques and he kept falling down. Not even his violently swinging tail could save him.

Me: "Come on. Just jump on my shoulders and I'll carry you." The sad squirrel jumped and tried to just stand on his back legs. He almost fell again.

Me: "Hang on to me. Don't fool around."

Squirrel: "OK. I'm just not very good at any of this stuff…" He didn't weigh much. We walked out of the forest and through a field of flowers. The sun was up and I had a "squirrel hat". :D

No comments:

Post a Comment